Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me interpret the PSS analysis of a chopper amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepa

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to check the noise performance of my chopper amplifier.For tat i need to runt he pss and the pnoise analysis.I dont understand what do the fields in those analyses boxes mean .Can anyone who has used it tell me what are they,,if i have a signal freq of 10Hz and a chopping frequency of 10Khz.how can i relate this data to those in the boxes

Re: pss analysis

You place your sources in the schematic and open the PSS analysis form. It will automatically identify your sources with their frequencies. Now choose beat frequency and auto calculate options. The beat frequency is the GCD of the source frequencies you placed in your schematic. For your circuit it is 10 Hz and you can observe the harmonics of 10 HZ to any extent in your simulation. Now choose your required number of harmonics in the appropriate field and simulate according to your required accuracy. I hope that helps you.

thank you very much.but after the analysis what am i supposed or can view..

That is out of my knowledge and seems a little silly question. You tell me what you want to measure??

PSS is generally done to obtain the spectrum accurately. I don't know which one is the strongest in chopper amplifier, but with my little knowledge in that topic I guess tht your 10 KHz signal is stronger. First you have to do the PSS analysis with only 10 KHz signal. Then do the PNOISE analysis. Choose appropriate frequency sweep in Pnoise so that output noise spectrum falls in your desired band after mixing. If you think your 10 KHz signal and 10 Hz signal are equally strong to disturb the operating point of devices, you have to include both of them in PSS and then Pnoise according to that requirement. So the choice depends on your circuit topology.

Added after 3 minutes:

Yeah forgot to tell you one point I think. U seem to be novice in PSS analysis. Use Results--> Direct plot form in Analog DesignEnvironment to view the results of PSS analysis. You can select various options like differential or single ended net and magnitude or phase or dB20 plots according to your requrement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back