Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me install Cannon Pixma 1000i printer on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

earlybird23

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to install canno printer(pixma 1000i).

can any one help me?

Re: linux software.

Check with CUPS V1.1.x is the best software for get drivers for printers.

linux software.

What distro are u using?
in most distros just plugin the printer and restart your pc the hardware scan dureing boot shuld detect your hardware and load the aproriate kernell modules aka drivers.

My linux distribution is Redhat9.

please help me.

regards
sagar

linux software.

I don't know redhat 9 I think it's a bit old and if it uses the 2.4 kernel that culd be a problem as most plug and play hardware support is built in the kernel, I'd suggest upgrading to fedora 6 (if you're a redhat fan) or to opensuse 10.2.
did you check with cannon's support forums?

I know that my epson wasb't supported in the 2.4 kernels but with the 2.6 it was even the two year old suse 9.1 (the first distro to ship with the 2.6 kernel) supported it?

linux software.

just searched the world of linux for your printer and this is what i can tell you!!!
goto **broken link removed**
and dll the binary modem driver

iP1000Linux.tar.gz 8655.89 Kb.

and the Manual
guidepixmaip1000-2.50-1.tar.gz 3849.09 Kb.

unfortinetly as I'm behind a firewall and **broken link removed** uses asp technology so I can't acces the direct links.
What I've learned is that this driver has been used in rpm based distros as suse, redhat and mandrake, and debian based distro's via alien.

linux software.

Hey it's been a few days and no news :(.
Did you get the printer to work with the driver suplied by canon? I noticed that it was compiled for suse and you said that you're driving redhat.

Hello!!!
Are you installed your printer ?
If didn't, then try utilize the command redhat-printer-config

Status
Not open for further replies.