Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me implement a method for decimal to binary conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raghavendra L

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sir,
I invented new methods for decimal to binary conversion etc. I want to implement that method in devices (About 20 new operations ) to get patent.I also wants to compare the time required to do the same by other best method.Can i go with FPGA? or any other?or with microcontrollers? WHat is the procedure and devices i needs to buy. Which programme is good , weather it is embedded C or VHDL or other assembly language How can i go?
lragha(at)gmail.com

Dear Sir,

Hi,
This depend on the conversion and the application requiring this conversion. If yu try only to implemente it in soft, use C or matlab. If in hard VHDL or Assembly.

Re: Dear Sir,

I like to implement in hardware. SO programmes gives me to do more easily?How i can see the time required to perform the calculations.

Dear Sir,

If VHDL you simulate,
IF Microcontroler you mesure the time using timers.

Dear Sir,

Are you going to patent them??!!

Make it widely public to be lucky to have them recognized by your name in the future. Do not expect more than that!

(And make sure your ideas are really original!)

Re: Dear Sir,

I seriously doubt you can beat those already publicly available. Check the MIT PICList... I'm even in there a couple times for bragging rights:

Status
Not open for further replies.