Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me identify a FM transmitter IC with 1010 A27B markings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattwood2000

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
FM transmitter IC

Hi guys, first post here - anyone know of an FM transmitter IC which in a VQFN-type package that has top markings "1010" "A27B"? I've attached a picture...sorry its not the greatest, but you can see the markings.

Anyone have any idea what this is? I thought it might be a ROHM device, but I can't really find any correlation between the part markings and anything in their transmitter IC line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt.

Re: FM transmitter IC

Could be a Silicon Labs Si4710/11. It's in the right package.

Re: FM transmitter IC

Wow...great minds think alike - I was doing a bunch of research and narrowing down and that is exactly the conclusion I came to - I even found a detailed datasheet...looks like the part.

I've got to do some other testing on it, but I think its the one.

Thanks, Matt.

Added after 1 hours 26 minutes:

Indeed it is a SI4710 chip - I found the 2-wire interface pins where they are supposed to be and there is clock and data. I will have to get my protocol analyzer or a logic analyzer to take a look at the actual data to see which chip revision, etc., but I'm confident that this is a 4710 and not a 4711.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back