Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me get the frequency modulation done in FM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

satishmalik

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fm tx

dear sir ,i am an engineering student . i have to do a project wherein i have to design a fm transmitter and get the dtmf tones modulated at 10.75 mhz , here 10.75 is the carrier frequency and i have to get the dtmf tones modulated at this frequency . i have tried lots of ccts but getting the frequency modulation done at HF range is still a problem .

if you could help me in desigining a cct (may be some ic based cct ) , i would be very grateful to you sir .

treat matter most urgent .

Re: fm tx

Hi,
i've done a similar project on DTMF remote control system.
Please inform me more details about your project.
I used UMB91214 IC as DTMF code generator and 8870 as DTMF to BCD convertor for my project.
MY circuit was quite similar to one shown below :
(but it used KT3170)
**broken link removed**

A number of DTMF Ic's are available in market already.
Please make a search and i don't think it would be a tough job.
You might also find this link useful :
www.geocities.com/constantinescuradu/content/dtmf.htm

See ya !!

Hi

For your application you need to use a Colpitts oscillators with ceramic resonator of 10.7 Mhz in the feedback path.

Search philips site for NE602/612 chip app note and elektor electronics thay have many schematic for this application

All the best

Bobi

truebs said:
Hi,
i've done a similar project on DTMF remote control system.
Please inform me more details about your project.
I used UMB91214 IC as DTMF code generator and 8870 as DTMF to BCD convertor for my project.
MY circuit was quite similar to one shown below :
(but it used KT3170)
h**p://electronicsworld.tripod.com/remotecontrolsimages/remotecontrolsckt2.html

A number of DTMF Ic's are available in market already.
Please make a search and i don't think it would be a tough job.
You might also find this link useful :
www.geocities.com/constantinescuradu/content/dtmf.htm

See ya !!
sir , dtmf ic's you mentioned are available in market which i already have . The problem i am facing is of making a fm transmitter in HF (high frequency range ie 10.75 mhz ). if i can get frequency modulation done at 10.75 mhz than only i will be able to get dtmf tones modulated . hence if you can suggest some ic based circuit for frequncy modulation at 10.75 mhz .
otherwise tahnks a lot for your suggestion regarding dtmf tone ics .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back