Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me get GSM protocols for my final year project

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot_ice

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks!!!
Well dear members, I'm doing electrical engineering and currently i'm in the final semester. i'm doing "Remote Access & Monitoring using SMS over GSM Band" as my final yr prj. to accomplish this task i've got a GSM engine (MC35) which i'll interface with a µController (probably the 8051 -- will it be a right choice to use 8051??? ). the scheme will be that the message rcvd. by the MC35 will be forwarded to µC. µC (which will be haveing EPROM attached to one of its ports) will chk for the authenticity of the sender. i plan to make a database of the authenticated senders. thus the first thing µC will do is to chk for the authenticity of the sender and if the sender is a valid sender as determined by the µC then the actual message will be decoded and µC will perform the appropriate task (Eg. turning the PC on/off, or turning the light on/off). this part entertains only the Remote Access.

in the 2nd part i would like to make a log file which will contain the following informations:
who was the sender?
when the message was rcvd. (date, time etc.)?
was the requested task accomplished or not?
this log file will be refreshed and sent to a number (or emailed to some1) after every 24 hrs.
i'm not aware of the GSM protocols... please help me out. n if there r some flaws in the scheme then plz let me know abt them... looking 4 an assertive response... THX!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back