Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me find the y-parameters for this network

Status
Not open for further replies.

renzworldc

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
Plz find the y-parameters(Y11,Y12,Y21,Y21) for the network shown.
n also whats the significance of this parameter..?? :!:

y-parameters

I hav done star-delta transformation.. and after that I get it this way.. now how to find the Y-parameters??

y parameter

Hi

You can look up the definitions of the y-paramters.
As a starter to find Y11(Input admittance at port 1). You short port 2(V2=0). Then you find the ratio between the input current(I1) over the input voltage(V1).

y-parameter

well I know the def. of the ratios... but if u can just give me an answer... I mean the numerical value of each parameters wrt the circuit, wud b helpful .. I cud verify with my ans...

finding y parameters

First circuit:
Y11=Y22=3/2
Y21=Y12=-1/6

Second circuit:
Y11=Y22=3/2
Y21==Y12=-1/2

y view parameters

thanks for ur rply... but actually I hav to find Y-para for the 1st circuit... for that I did a star-delta conversion for ease.. n got the 2nd one...
Since u are getting two diffrnt ans for the same question... dat means doing the transformation isnt correct..!!
do reply..
Regards.

the y parameters

Hi

yes I have made an error.
The correct answer for the first circuit is
Y21=Y12=-1/2

So yes they are the same.

Regards

renzworldc

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
determining the y parameters

ok thanks tyassin,
even I get -1/2 as the answer.. but in my exam I was asked this question and the options for Y21 were
1/3, -1/3, 1/6, -1/6.
They didnt give an option for -1/2.
So do u think we can come to a conclusion that the options were incorrect or there is still somthing wrong wid our calculation..??

y parameters of a circuit

Hope this might help you

Code:
http://sureshks.netfirms.com/book/two_ports.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back