Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me find piezo transducer high power high frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamed. Snjd

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody... What kind of piezo plate can I use to produce high power ultrasound waves ??????please help me

Hi,

Technical items are specified with values and units.
Like power, frequency, size .....
Without those values it's pure luck to find suitable devices.

It's also a good idea to tell "for what" you want to use it.

Klaus

To make a device for repelling insects and animals, frequency 20_60 khz and high amplitude

Transducer similar to the type used in early tv remote controls. Inside appears to be a small metal speaker. It broadcasts several feet.
However it's extremely directional. You'd need several of them aimed in all directions.

There are store-bought ultrasonic mouse repellers in a small enclosure. One report says they work until mice get accustomed to the frequency.

ultrasonic transducer.jpeg

I wonder if high-intensity ultrasound can damage human hearing even though we can't hear it. With a wide-angle dispersion, it's possible that the waves will directly impinge on an ear without our being aware of it.

Reactions: FvM

I remember a traffic light which always made my ears, or my head, feel uncomfortable whenever I walked in front of it. (This was decades ago.) I believe it was an ultrasonic pitch operating as a vehicle detection system.

I wonder if high-intensity ultrasound can damage human hearing even though we can't hear it. With a wide-angle dispersion, it's possible that the waves will directly impinge on an ear without our being aware of it.

I remember a traffic light which always made my ears, or my head, feel uncomfortable whenever I walked in front of it. (This was decades ago.) I believe it was an ultrasonic pitch operating as a vehicle detection system.

They do cause damage.

For the new study, neurobiologist Markus Drexl and colleagues at the Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich, Germany, asked 21 volunteers with normal hearing to sit inside soundproof booths and then played a 30-Hz sound for 90 seconds. The deep, vibrating noise, Drexl says, is about what you might hear “if you open your car windows while you’re driving fast down a highway.” Then, they used probes to record the natural activity of the ear after the noise ended, taking advantage of a phenomenon dubbed spontaneous otoacoustic emissions (SOAEs) in which the healthy human ear itself emits faint whistling sounds. “Usually they’re too faint to be heard, but with a microphone that’s more sensitive than the human ear, we can detect them,” Drexl says. Researchers know that SOAEs change when a person’s hearing changes and disappear in conjunction with hearing loss.

Another link https://anesthesiology.pubs.asahq.org/article.aspx?articleid=1934478

Most ultrasonic scaring devices on the market are using piezo tweeters like the type in the photo below

1595065540637.png

They can transmit up to 30 or 40 kHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.