Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me find an appropriate toroid holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

snarfer

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is my really annoying and stupid problem. I am designing a DC-DC converter and need to find surface mount holder for toroid inductor. It is two stacked cores, with wrapped OD approximately 23mm and height approximately 20mm. Well I have been wading through datasheets for hours and cannot find what I need. None of the companies seem to index anything like this in a way that makes sense so I'm stuck clicking on all these incomprehensible pdfs and can't figure out whether the parts will even fit, especially the height.

I wonder if anyone know of a company that has a simple online form for finding an appropriate toroid mount, or has any other relevant ideas. I cannot spend any more time with this. It is driving me crazy. I even asked my magnetics supplier and was told that they have no time to figure it out either. What a bone job.

toroid holder

Maby they will have something http://indel.pl/
I've never met a SMT holder glueing is simplier than trying to use a holder. That holder must be glued or soldered manually I supose. And a hot glue is quite easy for unmounting.

SMT toroid holder

Once I've seen torroid transformers mounted on SMT torroid holders. They were smaller, though 10mm OD, 20mm height. Unfortunately, I don't know where they came from, but the transformers were custom-wound.

I would ask the shop, which will be winding the inductor for you, if they know about the holders

SMT toroid holder

pulse engineering can usually do anything custom you want but the quantity has to be large for them to be willing to do business with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back