Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me figure out why my DSP is freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenos

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My DSP is freezing...

Hi!

My problem is:

I use a TMS320F2811 DSP for robot vehicle control. I can send commands for the DSP via RS232 serial port (remote control). It executes the commands usually, but with some commands (3-5 commands from circa 40) it doesn't return to the idle program, it freezes. The serial port intrerpreter function includes a case-switch structure, and it invokes different functions. The serial port interrupt function invokes the interpreter.

I have placed a character sending instruction (function call) at the end of the interpreter, so I can monitor that it executes till its end. Well... it sends back, and executes untill its end, but doesn't return.

What can be the solution? what might be the origin of the problem? Is it a stack owerflow?

My DSP is freezing...

I think you can use a PC as debugger. First, use PC and Hyper Terminal (available on Windows) to simulate robot and see how your DSP command. And then, use PC as host to control robot. You can find your problems.

My DSP is freezing...

thanx.
but at the last minute, i have solved .
i have changed the command interpreter working method, and tha serial port handling from interrupt-handling to polling method. it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back