Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design and routing PCB for high frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezade

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I make quadrature demodulator for frequency 400-500MHz, I use lt5517 with quadpack 17 pin. I dont know, how wide the path pcb? what is the effect of path wide? How about the capasitif effect for adjacent line? What is the differencies between normal ground and RF ground?

The PCB track width depends on your PCB material and thickness and number of layers (and where you put the ground plane). If you use 1.6mm FR4 with 2 layers you will probably find the tracks are quite wide. If you use a thinner board or 4 layers with an inner ground plane they will be narrower. There are plenty of impedance calculators on the web - e.g.

It would be worthwhile looking at the evaluation board PCB layout in the datasheet.

All the grounds should be connected to the PCB ground plane. The difference between the GNDRF and GND is that all the GNDs are internally connected - the GNDRF pins aren't.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back