Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design an inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

billano786

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inductor design

I need to design an inductor with following specifications:

frequency=1700 Hz
value=0.8mH
Current=3A

frequency=2300 Hz
value=0.44mH
Current=3A

Can anyone suggest a good matrial /core shape and design?

it is usually cheaper to buy

Generally, it is cheaper to buy inductors. If you want to make one, I suggest using a pot core type. Ferroxcube has design guides and charts. Search this site for a link to their pdf version named ferrite hand book.pdf

what is your application?
please be careful!
for inductor design, two current rating is required:
1.peak current (Imax) which determines Bmax of core material
2.RMS of current which determines wire diameter
the relation between two values is determined by waveform of inductor current .

I have to use the inductor in series tuned circuit. Forcing function is sine wave 3A is peak value.

inductor

Hibillano786 :D

with mag*netics desi*gner you create any inductor, I have a some tutorials for this program an how to make a inductor!!

Re: inductor

Hi, MCMC:

I am interested in your tutorials about how to make inductor by using of Magnet designer.

Would you please to upload it?

Thanks in advance,

ywyw

MCMC said:
Hibillano786 :D

with mag*netics desi*gner you create any inductor, I have a some tutorials for this program an how to make a inductor!!

Now the adlab library includes inductor and transformer design where single layer, multilayer, toroidal, circular, spiral, frame and parallel line inductor can be designed. The demo version can be used for 100 times.

Maybe it will help.

:!: :idea: :?:

Hi, g86:

Thanks for reply.

Please tell me where can I download adlab library, please upload the link.

Regards,

ywyw

adlab

The download link for the adlab version 2.5 (latest version) says that it has been removed from the download site. I have e-mailed Stephan Weber (who writes this program) to report this problem.

Attached is the coils program from version 2.4. I am not sure if it will run separately from the rest of the utiilities. Would someone download this and try it out and report on its working by itself or not in the demo mode. Since no files can be downloaded from his site attached are also the full demo versions of his products. I personally find the ad lab plus well worth the $40 fee.

Re: adlab

Hi,all:

Thanks for your information.

Best Regards

Re: inductor design

Hi, anyway,I don't know about your case, but I think your inductance value is too high, it's very dificult to design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back