Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design a wideband VCO 32-110MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

liberal

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a wideband VCO 32-110MHz,Can you give me some examples about HF wideband VCO?Thank you very much

Re: VCO design

You have two ways. 1) build two higher frequency oscillators, mix them together, and take the low side IFoutput. One oscillator at 432 to 510 MHz mixing with a fixed 400 oscillator, for instance. or 2) get themost hyperabrupt varactor you can find and get two or three different inductor values to cover the range, and use a PIN diode or fet to switch in the different inductor values.

We can have a Ring VCO with that kind off tuning range if Phase Noise spec isnt too stringent...

Rgds
Maddy

i remeber rfic had a good example for vco design.
try www.rfic.com

It's a VCO with no control at 700MHz. if you change the L on the tank you can tune to lower frequency. Try it.

You should be able to cover the range using some parallel hyperabrupt diodes (BB640 for example) without switching the inductances. I've played with such oscillator and it achieved frequency coverage from 77MHz to roughly 300MHz... (BF998 + BB640s were my friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.