Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me convert this to VHDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokei74

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys

I need a help with full operational in VHDL that can execute this matrix multiplier.

This is a 4x4 matrix multiplier i try to make. It has 3-level of step which is :

1st lvl - data write in Ram A and Ram B

28_1231954217.jpg

2nd lvl - result from multiplication will be stored in temp A,B,C,D

35_1231953114.jpg

3rd lvl - result from multiplication in temp A,B,C,D will be added together to form 1 element in resulted matrix.

75_1231953442.jpg

This is hardware implementation of this matrix multiplier.

Just out of curiousity, how wide is the data?

Also, what is the expectation as to how long the processing should take?

As a rough approximation are you assuming 16 clock cycles to load rams A and B and 4 * 16 clock cycles to do the calcuations? This would give you roughly 80 clock ticks to perfom the calculation. Is that in the range you were thinking?

Radix

Yes as for this diagram the data is 4bit.

the priority for this project is to get the result 1st so i didt put an expectation on how long it takes to complete the multiplication. But yes, as u calculated roughly it would take 80 clock tick to perform the calculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.