Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me choose ICs for transmitting data with a delay (acoustics beamforming project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleheen

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the ICs I could use for the above opeartion. I need to transmit data with some delay. It will be used in acoustics beamforming..

Re: Analog Delay

An analog "delay line" can be approximated by an allpass filter which does not alter the amplitude and has a nearly constant group delay within a limited frequency band.

Analog Delay

My project is on Acoustic beamforming. I need to use a delay to control the phase of each output.
I am working at around 40kHz. Anyone know of a Suitable IC that can achieve this delay?

Analog Delay

signal delays in digital circuits is achieved by using memory circuits which will hold the value then output it at the correct instant...

in analog circuits u use buffers or all pass filters or to a A/D conversion and use the digital delay concept and just before transmission u do D/A and transmit...

Are you going to have different beam directions? How many of them? You can use a Butler Matrix with all pass networks for the 90 degree phase shifters.

The most universal method would be to go all digital until the final drive to the transducers where you use an ADC for each one.

In older days, bucket brigade devices have been used for analog delays, e. g. echo and flanger effects or distributed speaker systems. Due to their limitations (low dynamic range, distortion, limited delay time), they have been completely replaced by digital delays, I think.

Or is any of these 70th/80th ICs still in production?

Analog Delay

how much delay u want to put,u can use buffer & all pass filters (IT JUST CHANGE THE PHASE),or try this thing,connect ur transistor n base bais configuration n try to get output from emitter,it will also provide some delay

I need analog delay. As digital delay will be too fast for my circuit as instructed by my project supervisor. The amount of delay needed is in term of nano seconds. Which are the Buufer ICs that I could use in this case ? Any recommandation?
Thanks for the generous reply I got on this issue..

A promising way to create a long-winded and fruitless discussion of a simple problem is to give as less information as possible.

I need analog delay. As digital delay will be too fast for my circuit.
I can bear not to understand this statement. Assuming, an analog delay is a suitable solution for your problem, can you simply tell, what's the intended delay range and signal bandwith.

Status
Not open for further replies.