Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me choose DSP filter IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

djalli

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC 20500
Activity points
dsp-filter

I need you advice in choosing a precise DSP filter.

I need an DSP chip. IC.

I like to use it this filter as notch Filter to block certain frequency range but not limited of being flexible as an application may want.

Frequency range to block is 0.5Hz to 2Hz, or 0.5-1Hz.

The signal passing this filter will be a sinusiod from 0.1Hz to 10Hz. Before filtering singal will be sampled at 1Khz and quantized at 12bits.

Which, how much will cost, what I shoukd change in terms of sampling quantization?
Please do advice me.

Many thanks,
djalli

dsp filter ic

the frequency is so low. you can choose everything.

Re: IC DSP filter

**broken link removed**

Device Description Revision Date
LF3320 Dual 16-Tap FIR Filter Aug 16, 2000
LF43168 Dual 8-Tap FIR Filter Mar 28, 2000
LF7710 High Speed FFT Processor-IN DEVELOPMENT Sep 13, 2001
LT4420 Dual 32 Tap FIR Filter-IN DEVELOPMENT Jan 4, 2002

Re: IC DSP filter

elcielo said:
http://www.logicdevices.com/

Device Description Revision Date
LF3320 Dual 16-Tap FIR Filter Aug 16, 2000
LF43168 Dual 8-Tap FIR Filter Mar 28, 2000
LF7710 High Speed FFT Processor-IN DEVELOPMENT Sep 13, 2001
LT4420 Dual 32 Tap FIR Filter-IN DEVELOPMENT Jan 4, 2002

Is any info in some website how to use them in doing FFT? To be honest I do not pretend to be ever begginer in DSP.

thanks a lot. actually thousands of thanks for your help.

What are the costs for the above devices?
OK! I'm not familiar with these devices, but, What about designing a simple filter using a low cost DSP. Some thing such as C2000 DSPs?
You can use Matlab's FDATool to design and analyse every kind of filter, you want, then you can simply export the obtained filter coefficients to a C header file, and after that you can implement the needed filter.
I think that this solution needs much more money than what elccielo suggests , however, it is more flexible. Any how, 16-Tap FIR filter, needs 16 coefficients for the filter, and so, still FDATool can help you.

mami_hacky said:
What are the costs for the above devices?
OK! I'm not familiar with these devices, but, What about designing a simple filter using a low cost DSP. Some thing such as C2000 DSPs?
You can use Matlab's FDATool to design and analyse every kind of filter, you want, then you can simply export the obtained filter coefficients to a C header file, and after that you can implement the needed filter.
I think that this solution needs much more money than what elccielo suggests , however, it is more flexible. Any how, 16-Tap FIR filter, needs 16 coefficients for the filter, and so, still FDATool can help you.

If I want to design algorithms in Matlab, how do I export Matlab code to C and then to C2000? Anywhere I might get some info on them. Book, website?

Status
Not open for further replies.