Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me choose a railgun power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOZEU

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey buddies!
I am designing a simple railgun with a budget of 100 euros budget.
I would like my projectile to reach 2 m at least.
My rails will be made of copper and my projectile of aluminium(not decided yet).
the form of my rails will be square as well the projectile for good contact.
Now my problem comes will formulas and proper practical thinking:
1-How can I go from my spec of 2 m back until having amoung of current needed to create the necessary magnetic forces density to have the desire force of lorenz thus the necessary accelation and speed to reach my goals of 2 m at least.
2-once I get my current,I will use capacitor and scr to build dc power supply fro dc supply.I would like to know how I can choose and design my supply in such a way to have the max current from the capacitor and mainly the synchroniozation of the scr firing and discharging of the cap.

Thank you to give me your advice!
I know most of the formulas and the working principle of msot devices in used...

just so that you know, the current does not need to be in dc because when the direction of current the magnetic field and the direction of current switch, still creating the force out of the barrell.

to find the formulas look over this pdf, though it is quite complicated just keep going!
**broken link removed**
hope helpsv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back