Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me choose a field for major project (M.E. in VLSI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhineet22

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
idea for project

hi friends
i pursuing M.E. IN vlsi so please. please suggest me in which stream i do my major project means what is latest trend.
1. should i do in DSP+VLSI
2.OR IMPLEMENT COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL
3.OR IN ANLALOG VLSI PLEASE SUGGEST ME.

Re: idea for project

I prefer DSP.
Regards.

in my opinion, 1st choice is more better.. also 3rd choice is better.. i would go in either of these! sorry i dont like the protocol related stuffs.. that doesnt mean i am biased :D good luck! :)

/cedance

I would suggest 3, but you should know that you need more time, to became good analog designer.

the first is nice ... I guess it is a brave choice

I like Analog design, its challenging and interesting....All the best !

Hi,

If u want some challenging project the go for good ANALOG project. u will feel thril of project, how intresting the project can be.

Rahul

Hi

DSP + VLSI - This is very good stream to do main project. U can design like, a CPU for MAC unit ie., Implementation of VLSI for DSP Applications.

Analog - Really tough. But very challenging & interesting. Very less people work in this area.

Hi

I would choose DSP for my project because there is a plenty of textbooks will provide you a wide range of DSP tutorials, applications and examples. Furthermore please check IEE DSP journals out because they will certianly inspire and give you more ideas for your project. Have a nice day

Maverickmax77

idea for project

I can advice you to implement IMPLEMENT COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL with some spectrum spreading. It's looks very popular now. And you job will look very interestign for proffesors.

DSP would be very useful since it includes programming, however capability of designing and building hardware is essential either in analog or digital. Naturally a combination of digital and analog circuit interfacing with software is a good demonstration and exercise for reference, eg...digital controlled amplifier using uprocessor and display parameter db etc....on LCD.

idea for project

DSP would be very useful since it includes programming

i guess ME is a second degree. Challenge yourself and facinate your profs---go for comm. prot. implementation! all the best!

sabari said:
DSP would be very useful since it includes programming

see, all fields require programming(atleast the fields given above). so, what exactly were u trying to say?

/cedance

idea for project

u can choose dsp+ vlsi or analog .that depends on ur interest . i prefer analog coz its very interesting and if u can get experiance u will have a very bright future.

The first choice is better as u can learn interfacing concepts as ur using both vlsi and DSP
and 3rd one also good ...u can explore in to analog design which is having good opeonings now

it is a matter of preference
i would go for the folowing

Dsp+VLSI(with genetic algoritms,Neural networks + optimization )

note (these r super specialization)

hi abhineet
since this is ur II degree.....try to continue ur BE(or BS) degree project it will hlp in ur specialization.
in case ur proj is not related 2 vlsi then go 4 analog ...it is very challenging!!!
if ur still confused then go by ur instincts!!! 8)

idea for project

suggest u do mixed signal.. testing is a good area right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back