Status
Not open for further replies.

dkace

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use underground cables for a watering system.
I found NYY type appropriate. With this cables I will suuply 24Vac to a solenoid via a relay.
The problem:

What does 1x25 rm means in the specification of the cable?

I know :
1 = 1core
rm = round conductor, multi wire
25=?
My guess is that 25 is the number of the wires that the conductor consist of but is this the true meaning?

If I want to supply many solenoids shall I use quadripple ( 4) cores instead of one? By that way I can supply 2 solenoids per wire.

Thanks
D.

Re: Cable question

Please, write complete specifications of your cable and country where you are in.
Usually, 1x25 means one copper wire with area of 25 square milimeters.

Area Greece. I think that 25 means number of small wires per core. I don't know if this is equivalent to 25 mm2. But they told me is too big. Does anyone has a link or specification for cabling watering system to take a peak?
Thanks,
D.

Greece is part of EU and cable standards will be similar anywhere in the EU.
Here is a link to cables specifications:
**broken link removed**
I think you should select something much smaller than 25mm². There should be special cable (red-black, figure "8") of, say 2.5mm², 2-core, and it should be sufficient for your application ..

I checked the page. So, the 1x4 re means not 4 mm² but 1 main 4 small cores?
D.

In this case 1x4re means only 1 core.
If it was 4x4re that would mean 4 cores 4mm² each.
And, it can be stranded (multi-wire within 1 "core") or solid copper core (just 1 -wire).
Anyhow, if you would like to use cable for your solenoids you can use 4x2.5re and you can easily connect 2 solenoids to 1 core.
See also this link:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…