Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me build an MP3 player with AT89C51, STA013 decoder chip and CS4334 DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

faizzaq

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on an MP3 Player using AT89C51 microcontroller. I am using the STA013 decoder chip and CS4334 DAC.
I wanna know where to start from ??? I am thinking of using a flash card for storing the MP3 songs. Which flash card should I use and how it can be used???? How should I use the STA013 chip???? Its too difficult to understand. My code is supposed to be in assembly language. I am also using LCD interface and keypad. Should I need to study NTFS or FAT32 systems. Do they have any significance while selecting the Flash card???? Which Flash card should I use???? I want a storage of I GB. So, please suggest me. I am short of time. Thanx in advance.

Regards!

cs4334 projects

faizzaq said:
I am working on an MP3 Player using AT89C51 microcontroller. I am using the STA013 decoder chip and CS4334 DAC.
I wanna know where to start from ??? I am thinking of using a flash card for storing the MP3 songs. Which flash card should I use and how it can be used???? How should I use the STA013 chip???? Its too difficult to understand. My code is supposed to be in assembly language. I am also using LCD interface and keypad. Should I need to study NTFS or FAT32 systems. Do they have any significance while selecting the Flash card???? Which Flash card should I use???? I want a storage of I GB. So, please suggest me. I am short of time. Thanx in advance.

Regards![/quote

pal be calm you can only get things done when u are calm. about the project, you can do some google search. just typing MP3 Player circuit diagram will do. if i hve the time i will help you out. but the fact remains. that u need to be patient about it. as u will have to read thru. text and understand it.

Added after 24 minutes:

here is a very good site for you

http://elm-chan.org/works/mp3/report_e.html

i think it has all you need

Added after 3 minutes:

here is another one that i found in my archive. i hope it helped you in your project. remember be calm

assembly language mp3 player

i hope i am not going to saturate u with all this post but i just want you to get goin as you say ur time is far spent. this contains good flowchart and some description. get a printout put all the articles. the only thing i dont know is if u have good knowledge of the mcu u are using. if u dont then that will be a big of problem bcos u need to know how it works and also the decoders. if u do. just get on and wire up ur circuit

sta015 cs4334

Thanx to all who have replied!

Now, let me explain what i have done so far and intend to do!
I am designing a mp3 player using AT89C51.Other things that I am using are:
STA015 MP3 decoder chip
CS4334 Stereo DAC
TDA2822 Audio Amplifier
MAX232 for serially interfacing the AT89C51 to computer.
Flash Card of 1GB
Flash Card reader
LCD
Keypad
All programming must be in assembly language.

Uptil now! I have studied briefly each thing and learnt their role in the MP3 Player design.

First, I need your help regarding STA015 or STA013 chip. How can I use it? I need some assembly language program to configure, read and write from the chip.

I am using a flash memory card. Would I need to use MAX232 chip? I don't think so that I would need to interface my MP3 Player with the computer. My MP3 Player will be a standalone system. Should I exclude this from my rough design?

Which flash card should I use? I want storage capacity of 1GB.

Waiting for your reply!

Regards!

pic sta013

you need to do some search on the application notes of the chip by that you can get the way you can go about it.

cs4334 mp3

faizzaq said:
I am using a flash memory card. Would I need to use MAX232 chip?
Regards!

Use MAX232 just for debugging ,Flash memory cards doesnt support common serial link they use SPI port or a kind of 4 wire Bus with clock .

I think its better for you to start with MMC card then u need to decode the FAT structure and read the MP3 file ,its not a bad idea first to read a simple wav file without any need for decompression and transfer the data to your DAC chip .

In order to read files from a memory card u need a Fat driver or you can write it yourself but its a little Complex .try third party tools like DiosPro for Atmel MCUs :

http://www.kronosrobotics.com/Projects/MMC.shtml

Here is also another company that provide Fat driver for PIC MCUs :

**broken link removed**

sta015 mp3 player

I think I am going off the track ............. I should proceed step by step.

Help me with the STA015 ( or STA013) chip first. How should I program it? How to cofigure, read and write it? What are the requirements? How can I test it? Is there any restriction?

Waiting for your reply!

Regards!

sta015 8051

I have already read the tutorial at www.pjrc.com. Now, what should I do? Should get a STA013 chip and start programming for it and try to interface it with AT89C51???? If someone has more useful material for STA013, then plz upload it!

Plz give suggestions!

Regards!

sta015 dac

faizzaq said:
I have already read the tutorial at www.pjrc.com. Now, what should I do? Should get a STA013 chip and start programming for it and try to interface it with AT89C51???? If someone has more useful material for STA013, then plz upload it!

Plz give suggestions!

Regards!

piece of advice

have you tried puting what u ve read in those articles to use. try and put the pieces of what you have read together then u will no where u are going to. try out your schematics on a simultor then you can say which one is which.. anyother problem u encounter bring it to the forum or do some google search. i am feeling like you ve not started anything about the project. and i hope u have the basic knowledge on digital electronics and MCU's get started somewhere then when u are hooked bring the info to the forum.

MP3 Player

hi
for using the flash memory card & information about FAT32 you can refer to these files:

Re: MP3 Player

hi there , i m doing a project on mp3 player. I have read the tutorials in pjrc on the sta013 mp3 decoder chip, i even downloaded the source code .asm for sta013, i m facing a problem here, the sta013 .asm code given by pjrc contain more than hundreds of error after i built it by using a program called <MIDE-51> .I cant get a .hex file bcoz of errors. Is there any recommended freeware where i can use to build a .hex file from .asm?pls help .. needed so much!

Re: MP3 Player

chop your project into several sub. first learn how to connect your memory card to the mcu and read data in it. then learn how to stream data from memory to the sta013 via its spi interface.
Basically operating sta013 is download a "patch" or configuration file into sta013 and stream mp3 data when sta013 requesting. I have done a mp3 player with fat32 harddisk using pic16f877a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back