Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me build an artificial fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIC

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Artificial Fish

Anyone has any suggestions? I am trying to make a robotic fish for a guy. I don't want any motor sounds as it scares away the real fish that he is supposed to study. Is there some material that contracts and expands using electrical current? Specifically, the current should not be too high.

Other suggestions are also welcome.

ASIC

Re: Artificial Fish

Hi,

What about making a muppet, with cables ?
Your motor will be out of the water and the sound can be attenuate in a isolated case.
An other solution is pneumatic, with electropump and small pipes from the case to your fish.

I hope this will help you :wink:

THe nano-muscle looks interesting, but the power consuption is 750 mA. That's a damn hungry fish :)

Try to use buitl-in magnets and control on/off processor, but it still high current required.

Hi

Here is a Autonomous Robotic Fish link

**broken link removed**

enjoy

bobi

You can buy one to put on the wall for a few euros .... it move the tail .... it look very realistic and even talk!

:D

hc

I came across this site. Interesting design. Ther are some videos also.

**broken link removed**

Enigma460

HI ASIC
I have played with the nano muscle techology .. It's pretty good
Thet have some device that require les than 200ma .Which is acceptable
if you won't hold the same position for a long period of time . Batteries have plenty of power this days .. I tried the Nanomuscle 400 mA version and the thing is plenty strong!. You don't need that

Also in the US you can get samples without a problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back