Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me build a USB powered am/fm radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin83

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
USB powered am/fm radio

Hi All,

First of all, i would like to say hi to all the engineering enthusiatic here, it's such a nice forum with so many active posting and a great helpful community I can see.

I hav a small project in my mind and i hope u guys can give me some pointers. Here's a descriptions of the small project i wanna do.

"USB POWERED AM/FM radio"
-Small am/fm radio receiver with speaker
-Able to power by USB w/o detected as an storage device.(it's nt meant to b a storage device), i juz need the power from the usb to power the am/fm radio n play it while i plug into the usb.

I am not sure whether it's workable n i dunno anythin bout usb /pc programming, i realy hope all the expert here can give me ur guidance. Thank you...

Re: USB powered am/fm radio

Besides a data link, USB provides 5 +/- 0.25 volts to power an otherwise unpowered device or charge a battery in a self powered device. A USB controller or hub is required to power one unit load (100 mA, a low power load). It can optionally power up to 5 unit loads (500 mA, a high power load). The spec is silent about intermediate loads, so I assume that the sources deal with just the two cases. Either a load is low power (like a keyboard or a mouse) or high power (like an iPod or PDA).

If you need just power it is readily available and I wouldn't worry about data pins at all ..
I am pretty sure your PC doesn't care much if you "steal" some mAs of power through it's USB port ..

Regards,
IanP

USB powered am/fm radio

here it is usb pinout
left to right
1 VCC Red +5 VDC
2 D- White Data -
3 D+ Green Data +
4 GND Black Ground

and you can use power without use data and computer can not detect any hardware connected
have nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back