Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me about Avant! Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.

snaityma

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

In Apollo, we would have main library and reference library(standard cell library for example).Both of them have technology file,separately.
What will happen if main library and reference library have different technology file???

snaityma said:
Hello everybody,

In Apollo, we would have main library and reference library(standard cell library for example).Both of them have technology file,separately.
What will happen if main library and reference library have different technology file???

Apollo will make complaines if you do that. But it will still work for you. Apollo is going to follow the tf in the main library. But you might having problem to do extraction or stream out to GDS if the layer of your tech file does not match.

oh, i have recently also faced with this problem. I have gotten contact with the foundry and they transferred me with a updated package (in fact, it is a lvs runset file) and let me to run it with Herculus(Synopsys) after GDSII out from Apollo. I think it may additionally cause some errors by this way, but we have no choice.

by the way, the design I mention have one hard IP embeded, but the IP is provided by another company according to the foundry's 3M technology, so we could only do LVS without that hard ip before do runset.

I've download a apollo tutorial form Taiwan CIC, will upload when I find a way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back