Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP: Matlab Parallel Processing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

darlling5147

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am currently doing my real time signal processing by using Matlab.
The time elapsed are huge, which is ~6sec. I wish to implement my system into parallel processing for those FOR LOOP in order to improve my time comsumtion. I tried the very simple option as below before my loops:-

matlabpool open 2;
options = optimset('UseParallel','always');

Unfortunate, above method doesn't seem to help. The time consumption to activate the configuration is bad.

Can anyone guide me to implement my system into parallel processing? Or any other methods which could help to reduce the processing time? Or any book to recommend me to read for the information or parallel processing? I need it urgently.

My notebook is intel core 2 duo processor, with 2.1Ghz speed.

THANK!

you could try:

1- parfor

2- read about vectorization on mathworks website .

Hope that helps

Hi Medra,

Thank for your advise. I read thru the parfor documents, but I do not understand how to operate, that's why I came here to ask if any help/example could show me.

Can you give me further explaination? PLEASE!!!!!!!

THANK A LOT!!

medra said:
you could try:

1- parfor

2- read about vectorization on mathworks website .

Hope that helps

I too would want to know how I can improve the performance of Matlab on my system.

Does Matlab really use the multi-core architecture?

I am not sure it could parallel work or not too....I am stucking at the middle now....really need help.

Let's scream together...HELP~~~~!!!!

Communications_Engineer said:
I too would want to know how I can improve the performance of Matlab on my system.

Does Matlab really use the multi-core architecture?

If you have a loop which have independent iterations , you could use parfor instead of for , this is an optimization option.

But the better one , which perfectly works is trying to write all operations in matrix form ( vectorization) , there is a lot of examples on mathworks on it.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back