Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help]Mathematics for elctronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am very weak in mathematics. That causes a lot of limitation in my electronics design works.

Please suggest books for electronics related mathematics?

Thanks

You need to tell us an example of the electronics you are interested in. You might need to know simple algebra, or calculus, or differential equations.

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It seems your awareness is your strength. At such a stage the best strategy is to find one task at a time and study the specific topic thoroughly. This will automatically add to the basic inputs you need through discussions and explorations. This approach works well particularly if you are a regular student.

UroBoros

Thanks for the helping hand.
My interests are not academic related. I am not a student in conventional terms, even though we all are - that is why we are here.
I am an embedded system development engineer who is responsible for hardware and software in my own firm! I believe I am not bad in programming or at least I can search and find some clues which I can develop into my application.

But when it comes to hardware part I find it very difficult because of my lack in mathematical analytical capabilities. Because I have not much idea in mathematics I usually skip pages in electronic books where circuit analysis is involved. Again trouble!

I want to solve this issue for ever. Please suggest me a route map for my plight. Basic mathematics and basic electronics which should go side by side. Initially my interests are analog signal conditioning circuits to start with . That is my current requirement. DSP related maths can wait!

Which books to start with? and how to conquer the situation?

Hope you understood my situation

Thanks

Hi,

I have did quite a number of project,
and is gaining more and more confident in hardware.
Mathematics is a good knowledge
but it is not essential to doing hardware electronics.
In fact I can hardly remember if I apply any engineering mathematics.
Unless you are researching on microelectronics circuit design.
It should not be too difficult building design from IC level embedded system.

I believe that what you need is more practise.
Try building circuit kit to build on your experience.
It really helps to give you a better idea.

Basically I feel that the practical aspect of electronics is a lot easier
than the theory that I have to go through during my school days.
Doing theory and practical are quite a different experience.

Most importantly, have fun with the electronics.
MODERATOR - SIGNATURE LINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED

Best Regards,
Siong Boon

UroBoros

Status
Not open for further replies.