Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: LDV 5 installation In LINUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

eda_wiz

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
install nclaunch

hi friends,
how will i set the path variables for LDV 5 in Linux.

thanks

ldv setup.sh

if you use bash .

open the file .bash_profile which in your /home/yourname

and add the line : export lm_license_file=/path/yourlicensefile

BUt when i try ./nclaunch it says cadence installtion path not set... HELP

Just add these to the end of your .cshrc file or modify it as you want.

setenv LDVDIR /<your ldv path>
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $LDVDIR/tools/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
set path = ($LD_LIBRARY_PATH $LDVDIR/tools/bin $LDVDIR/tools/verilog/bin $path)

LDV can not install in the IC direction.

I also had to make a symbolic link
<INSTALL_DIR>/tools -> <INSTALL_DIR>/tools.lnx86

hi all,

" I also had to make a symbolic link <INSTALL_DIR>/tools -> <INSTALL_DIR>/tools.lnx86 "

How can i make a symbolic link to tools.lnx86 in linux..

ln -s <INSTALL_DIR>/tools.lnx86 <INSTALL_DIR>/tools

hi, friends

when i click Tools->Verilog Compiler... i got this error msg (Ther was an error including "$CDS_INST_DIR/tools/inca/files/cds.lib" in your cds.lib file. Please check your installation. Would you like to continue ?) after this i push "No" button, and it indeed pop up the "Compile Verilog" dialog window. So I start another Terminal window and try to search for the cds.lib, but find Nothing out from the installation tree ???!!! What's wrong with my installation. I just un-tared it into "home/cad/ca*n*ce" directory. Am I doing it right ? and What is this "cds.lib" content ?

Another problem, the NCLaunch help menu doesn't work. Echo back 'Help Error: Failed to open document "NCLaunchUserGuide". Checksoftware installation(Tag File is Missing)' in the command window. Where are the Document/Manuals located ? Looking into the <installed_dir>/tools.lnx86/cdsdoc, there is only one bin subdirectory with two files "list_pdf.pl and obServer" in it and nothing more. Why ?

If you wanna to open the LDV helps,you must install netscape.

galant said:
If you wanna to open the LDV helps,you must install netscape.
I think the Mozilla is already installed by default when I installed RH 8.0, because I can open html files. During my tries in these 3 days, I got the following result. If I left the Mozilla opened with any html file, not necessarily using those htmls from ldv/doc directory, next I start "nclaunch -new &" then I can click & open the nclaunch's HELP menu.
If I click the "Help->NCLaunch User Guide", then Mozilla opens "NCLaunch User Guide, Product Version 4.1" on its client area. It also shows a line "http://myws:9000/home/cad/Cadence/ldv/doc/nclaunch/nclaunchTOC#firstpage" in the Mozilla's tools bar input window. But if I close both Mozilla and NCLaunch, next I re-start NCLaunch. In this case if I click the "Help->NCLaunch User Guide", the nclaunch report error in the command window as "Help Error: Failed to open document "NCLaunchUserGuide". Check software installation (Viewer Can't Start) ". As I had said in previous post, I got this APP(v4.1s2) from their ftp site, a tar.gz file, I just untared it into a directory. In the destination directory I can see an "install" and "doc" sub-directories, but I don't know how to run "setup/install", because I don't see any file with a name of "SETUP.SH" or something like that. But if I download any newer version then this one, after untared it, there isn't any "install" or "doc" sub-directories existed at all in the un-tared directory. So my guess all of these versions are NOT complete version at all, am I right ? If my guess were wrong, then who can tell me where to run setup/install script like "SETUP.SH" ? Any kindly helps are all my appreciation. BTW, if you know where can get a complete package, please PM me.

I also encountered an error message
after I installed (in fact, just extract the tared file and make a link)
I saw an error message when I start nclaunch
The message says: Error: Unable to find an 'hdl.var' file to load in

What does it mean and how to fix it?

Aigneryu said:
I also encountered an error message
after I installed (in fact, just extract the tared file and make a link)
I saw an error message when I start nclaunch
The message says: Error: Unable to find an 'hdl.var' file to load in

What does it mean and how to fix it?
At the very beginning when I tried to install it, I had had this problem also. Then I try to create an CDS_INST_DIR environment variable by using "export CDS_INST_DIR=<your_tared_directory>" in ~/.bashrc. This will solve this issue. But I don't know if my fix is correct or not. Regarding the complete package, I think we have to find out the BASE release. Who can help this ?

Hi, all:

Is the zipped file ncv-complete-5.10-s006-lnx86.tar.gz for LDV 5.1 for Linux RH 7.2 ? Does it include all of baseline files of LDV 5.1?

How do I set up the environmental variables for LDV51 and license file if I use csh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.