Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP ; Interpreting electrical diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

myfaithnka

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone please help me understand the type of motor used here and how this electrical wiring works.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-11 at 16.45.58.jpeg

Hi,

The type of motor is written next to it.
Voltage, power, 2x RPM, wiring. What else do you need?

The schematic is only a part of the whole...
We see the wiring, but notvwhy it's wired this way.
So - to avoid a lot of guessing - tell us what the whole machine is and does.

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Please find Machine video in this youtube link here

Please find the machine's commercial flyer.
isb-13-16-20-series-394469_2b.jpg

This is a strapping machine with two strap hands. This motor brings the strapping hands up and down.

Currently, one hand stopped working and I am trying to fix it. So while referring to this electrical diagram I could not understand how the setup works, I see YY written what does it mean, guessing it's not a normal 3 phase wye connected motor or 3 phase Delta connected motor. The conductor arrangements, hybrid motor starter, and two sets of 3 phase power lines, I am a little confused here.

could you please tell me how this wiring works for the motor at two speeds.

thanks in advance.

nithin

Hi,

In the motor informations you see it is a "two RPM" type. It uses 6 wires (two winding sets) to set the desired RPM.

Each winding set is internally wired as wye.

Do an internet search for "dahlander" motors.

For debugging: step by step
* use a DVM to follow the voltages.
* check fuses for continuity (not powered)
* check to motor protection relay for continuity (not powered)
Mind: motor winding resistance may give a "wrong continuity"

Can you do live (powered) measurement?
Then an AC voltage measurement across a closed relay contact should clearly show close to "0V" (let's say below 0.5V)..non fluctuating.
Across an open contact it should show >> 0.5V. It may be 230V AC or fluctuating values

Klaus

Hello Klaus,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I just want to confirm this is the motors internal diagram.
MOTOR.png

I just wanted to confirm the working of the wiring as following we have three mutually exclusive ways of motor operation.

1. The motors U1-V1-W1 windings energized by Contactor 161k07.
  2. The motors U1-V1-W1 windings energized by Hybrid motor starter 160k10.
  3. The motors U2-V2-W2 windings energized by 161k04 contactor and while this is done its auxiliary contacts shorts the windings U1-V1-W1.

yes I can do Live measurement using an EVM, I will update you soon.

thanks in advance,

I just want to confirm this is the motors internal diagram.
MOTOR.png

I just wanted to confirm the working of the wiring as following we have three mutually exclusive ways of motor operation.

1. The motors U1-V1-W1 windings energized by Contactor 161k07.
  2. The motors U1-V1-W1 windings energized by Hybrid motor starter 160k10.
  3. The motors U2-V2-W2 windings energized by 161k04 contactor and while this is done its auxiliary contacts shorts the windings U1-V1-W1.
I think mostly correct, except for
- there's probably no common star point (why should it?)
- if you read the schematic thoroughly, you notice that 161k07 runs the motor slowly backwards and 160k10 (slowly) forward

I guess that fast motor run by 161k04 is activated after starting through 160k10

What else are you missing?

I believe the motor connection doesn't fit Dahlander, it looks like a different kind of pole changing scheme.
--- Updated ---

O.K., I see Klaus is right though, winding connection in Dahlander circuit can be like this

1597240955821.png

Slow operation by powering UVW1, fast operation by powering UVW2, shorting UVW1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back