Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help installing Cadence IC 6.1 on Fedora

Status
Not open for further replies.

oho

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I want a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to install Cadence IC 6.1 on Fedora 19, please. Detailed as in every single step, every single package I might need to install, etc.
Thanks a lot.

P.S.: Sorry if not in the right forum, feel free to move it if needed.

Fedora remains a linux OS. The same steps are required to install cadence on linux. Search in Eda you will find a lot of answers

Thanks a lot, and sorry for (very) late reply. One more question, I have seen guides for installing it on Ubuntu and it needed some more packages to be installed first, will this be the case with Fedora? And if so, what packages would be needed? Thanks.

Be careful with fedora 19, there is a bug, at least with gnome and remote connection. I don't know if this bug is still valid if there is no remote connection.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1010181
If anybody has any information with this bug, I'll be pleased to hear !

Note that all is ok with MATE desktop...

Status
Not open for further replies.