Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in understanding how this drums circuit works (monotribe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancra85

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to build a drum sequencer with Arduino, and want analogue sounds. I've come across this schematic for the Korg Monotribe rhythm section (drums): http://www.korg-datastorage.jp/Manual/monotribe_sch.pdf
I think I am familiarized enough with the Arduino board to do it but I don't quite understand the drums schematic.

I know the BD, SD, HH and Noise labels on the left is where I need to send some kind of signal in order for the circuit to produce the corresponding sound (Bass Drum, Snare... etc)

A few questions:
Where it says HH Out, SD Out, etc... is the sound output? What are the nodes that say SD Decay and such, maybe you can control the decay by placing a potentiometer there? What are the labels on the right that say Rhythm and Port for? And what transistor should I use for the Qs?

Thank you!

You will get a pulse out of the HH Out/SD Out etc, not a "sound". I assume the pulse is used to trigger an internal sound or some other "noise" making circuitry.

I would expect there to be a resistor to ground on HH Decay etc - maybe that is a potentiometer or a digital potentiometer.

Keith

I assume the pulse is used to trigger an internal sound or some other "noise" making circuitry.

Really it's just a pulse? that's very dissapointing... this schematic is worthless then :-(

I would welcome other opinions but that is the way I see it. The input is from a 74xx04 gate.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.