Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in too long routine of PIC16f877a code

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.msmahmoud

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i used PIC16f877a in interfacing analog joystick ,and using micorC . when i compiled i got the error Routine too large m i got the this problem is due to max page is 2000 instruction , could any one explain that and offer some solutions but not to change this MCU

thanks

Re: Help in PIC 16f877a RAM

Make the code smaller. I think. Code please?

The most likely issue is a code size limit of 2k instructions on your version of MikroC Compiler.

According to MikroE's website:

Download and try out the software - FOR FREE! Software is equipped with fully functional demo license with up to 2K of program words of output code size which can be just enough for simple applications.

The PIC16F877A has 8k words of Flash, program memory, so program storage is not an issue in this case.

BigDog

How large do you suppose your file is? You could be able to trim it down to fit.

Thanks all for your comments and thanks bigdoggruru , could your provide me with simple tips in optmizizng my code , its for interfacing joystick (2axis) 4 positions and i used while loops for every case and in side each one 4 while loops to exit form this cases

Status
Not open for further replies.