Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in reading a large text file using verilog....

Status
Not open for further replies.

alangs

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having a large text file which contains only the pixel values of an image.....here i can able to read the pixels using $readmemh system task..... but the prolem is memory......am using only 1000 words of memory as below
reg [31:0] Mem [0:999];
initial $readmemh("pixels.txt",Mem);
By this i can get only 1000 pixles from the text file and i will give these pixels to the next module for furthur processing....then i have to read the next 1000 pixels from the text file and put it in the Mem....similarly i want all the pixels to be readed from the txt file with the Mem size as 1000 and give those to the next module for furthur processing......so how i can do this plz i will be very thank full to u...plz help me.....

why don't you use bram instead of reg

thanks for yur reply i didnt understand wat u r trying culd u plz explain with simple example...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back