Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in radiation pattern of a dipole

Status
Not open for further replies.

ththeodosis

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would appreciate if someone can simulate a dipole of 21cm at 2147MHZ in any program using FDTD of MoM and give me the radiation pattern of a dipole in free space and when there is a conductive surface 10 cm behind the antenna.
I have done my own programs to simulate this in MAtlab and i want to compare. If someone has measurements it would be nice too...

Regards,
THeodosis

Why can't you compare to the analytic solution?

I know its been a while Ththeodosis since your question regarding the radiation pattern of a dipole. But I am currently working on a project which requires me to also calculate something like that. Although, I have code but I seem to have glitches that I cannot figure out. Would you by chance have your code that you did in MATLAB? It would help. Thanks.

This is a simple enough geometry that it has been solved decades ago with algebraic equations.

In general, you have the pattern for the dipole which is 1.5 wavelengths. You then multiply this pattern by the 'array factor' of this dipole and its image an equal distance on the other side of the reflecting plane. You then retain the pattern in the half space defined by the plane and all space on the physical antenna side.

the logic is not the problem. it is the implementation of the code. I have the equations on paper but cannot get them work out in a software. I just want to match my results with the anlytical answer in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back