Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in post-layout simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maithreyi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone please help me out in my layout design.

I have extracted parasitics for my design and when I compare the results(Gain, NF etc.) of prelayout and postlayout simulations, they are not matching.

I have observed lot of variations in prelayout and postlayout simulation results.

How can I match the postlayout simulations with that of prelayout?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance........

you should control the report of the PEX at first, and find the larger parasitics, and try to evaluate their effect. I think it can be a good idea to evaluate atfirst single blocks performances, in order to find if there are some critical issuesinthe building blocks or it is a problem of interconnections.

It is expected to have the simulation results different because of parasitic capacitance and their effects, first you have to know which capacitance have greater contribution and try to remove them, if u failed you have to consider their values in your design objectives/specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back