Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in HFSS regarding undo subtraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipakb

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to undo the subtraction in HFSS? I have done some more calculations after subtraction and now i want just to undo subtraction without changing calculations. please tell how?

did you run the program yet, i mean after doing subtraction??
if you have run the program, i think it's difficult to undo the subtraction, because the data graphic have been changed.
But if you haven't run it yet, just try to push combination ctrl+z

regards

Do you mean boolean subtraction of objects in the modeller window?

I think once the model has been saved, the subtraction cannot be undone. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, but I save intermediate models, so I can go back easily.

-Rob

how to undo the subtraction in HFSS? I have done some more calculations after subtraction and now i want just to undo subtraction without changing calculations. please tell how?

All operations up to the last save can be undone using "Undo" or Ctrl-Z
To "reverse" operations done in a design, select the model with the subtracted bit (O mode) so it all highlights.
OR
Do the selection in the tree panel just to the left of the drawing area, either way is OK
Then Right-Click on the selected object, and follow the pop-up "Edit" option. The menu should have a choice "Delete Last Operation"
This is not quite the same thing as "Undo". You should then see both bits before the subtraction was invoked.
I used this way to undo a whole series of "Unite" commands. I think it works on any commands, including subtraction.
I do understand that you may have altered some dimensions or properties, and you only want the subtraction to be undone. I think the edits may also get undone with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.