Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help. . . . in Hfss(Patch antenna design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalwap

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi , i am student of B.Tech. I have my final year project of designing microstrip patch antena in HFSS. .i am new in hfss. .
Now when i calculate all the design consideration of the MPA for 2Ghz frequency as follows:
Fr=2Ghz , h=7 mm
L=47.02 mm ,W=60.42 mm

And use teflon er=2.1 as a subsrate . . . .and when i finish all the procedure line check , solution setup. .and than finaly check the Result. . . .
BUT , There my result never comes below -10db means i cant get frequency band. . Please sir , help me on this thanks in advance. . .

Best Regards,
Mehul.

Post your file here. there are plenty a reasons why your patch doesn't resonate at the frequency of interest. could be matching networks,dimensions of the patch etc. from what i see of your dimensions, dont seem to be a issue.

Post your file and i will comment on it and make necessary changes

Regards
ChachitoEL

My Project file in hfss 11

Attachments

• HFSS DESIGNS.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 116

Brother

Your 50 ohm line is matched to the patch, how would you get a resonance at that frequency?. you gotta have a quarter wave transformer or inset feed to help.

Regards
chachitoEL

Hi , i dnt understand please give some detail. . .thanks in advance.

i meant your source impedance is 50 ohm's patch characteristic impedance which is considered as load here is around 140 ohms, there has to be transformation of your source impedance to load impedance using transformer.

quarter wave transformer of sqrt(50*140)= 84 ohms has to be added between the patch and the 50 ohm line.

or if you can find the inset point where you can connect the 50 ohm line directly to the inset fed point. refer to the equations in balanis in the microstrip antennas under the inset fed patch section to find the position of the 50 ohm point

Regards
ChachitoEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back