Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in debeloping PC to PC communication using optic fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finals

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.

I am currently trying to develop a communication for pc to pc using fiber optics. I have some problems understanding the reasons to implement MAX232 with RS232 in my project. I have searched for some materials online but unfortunately i could not grab the concept. Hope someone can give me a detailed and simple explanation.

Is there any other way instead of using MAX232?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

hi final,
max232 is a chip doing voltage converter from RS232 level to TTL level, in your circuit may be look like this...
PC ->RS232->TTL->FiberOptic->TTL->RS232->PC

your fiber optic converter will connect to PC RS232.
and your fiber optic converter have TTL I/O

Re: Help in debeloping PC to PC communication using optic fi

dian said:
your fiber optic converter will connect to PC RS232.
and your fiber optic converter have TTL I/O

Thanks dian i am beginning to understand the function of MAX232, but i dont really understand your statement above. Can someone please clarify?

Thanks all

i did pc to pc communication last time but using infra red. i was thinking improving it by using optical fiber instead and i found this thread. can i seek for guidance here?

please i also need circuit diagrams and technical know how on how to carry out dis project.......most importantly i need to know how the light is trapped into the fibre from both transmitter and receiver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back