Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in creating netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

HANUMAGOUDA

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am new to PCB editor, i am facing one problem while generating netlist in OrCAD capture. The problem is "After giving all the necessary information in PCB Editor tab during netlist generation, whenever i click on generate netlist the system will be keep quite and it perform the necessary operation" after this i checked the configuration file, it is not taking the ".cfg" file automatically. After assigning .cfg file also the software is not creating netlist.
Please help me to come out from this problem.
I am using Cadence v16.3
Operating system: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
I am using this software: In Compaq laptop
Thanks for reading my mail.

Warm regards,
Hanumagouda Patil

try switch release :) and then generate net list.if you are using software in office then go to admin log in and generate it.it will work 100%. may you have some permission problem.
Regards
Praveen Bhat

Hi,
Thanks for your mail. I am using Cadence 16.3 in my home laptop, Even i installed the software by changing the property to "Run as administrator".
I am not getting the meaning of this sentence "try switch release" what it means?
I am looking for your reply,
Thanks in advance.
Warm regards,
Hanumagouda Patil

switch release is an property where you can change the editor .there will be some chance for some switching problem..just try it once..are you getting any error massage while creating net list.

Hi,
No, i am not getting any error message. Once i click on generate netlist button it will pop up one window saying that "the file will be saved prior to the netlist". If i click on OK, it wont do any thing, simply get idle.
how to solve the switching problem?
Thanks in advance.
Warm regards,
Hanumagouda Patil

while creating the net list file your path should be correct..net list files directory should be allegro . if you are not get allegro on the window type allegro and save in any drive...
Regards
Praveen Bhat

Ya i am saving my file in the specified location by creating allegro directory to save my .net file. Even though i followed all the procedure, it is not generating netlist. Its a big problem for me. One thing i dint clear that normally the configuration file should be there rt, but here whenever i open the orcad file, i need to navigate each time for configuration file. May be for this problem orcad is not generating netlist it seems.Can you help in setting up the .cfg file?
Thanks in advance.
Warm regards,
Hanumagouda Patil

Hello all,
I am new to PCB editor, i am facing one problem while generating netlist in OrCAD capture. The problem is "After giving all the necessary information in PCB Editor tab during netlist generation, whenever i click on generate netlist the system will be keep quite and it perform the necessary operation" after this i checked the configuration file, it is not taking the ".cfg" file automatically. After assigning .cfg file also the software is not creating netlist.
Please help me to come out from this problem.
I am using Cadence v16.3
Operating system: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
I am using this software: In Compaq laptop
Thanks for reading my mail.

Warm regards,
Hanumagouda Patil

Hai Hanumagouda,
I am Salim from Manipal (Karnataka) I am also getting the same problem while generating The net-list in orcad 16.3. please tell me the solution for it. i filled all the information in PCB editor tab. if i click ok. then i am not getting any error message. please help me
Operating system:- windows 7 home basics (64 bit)
i am using :-Cadence v16.3
I am using this software: In ASUS laptop

Thank you
Salim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back