Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in Cadence NCVhdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrot

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
failed to get a shared lock on library

Hi,

Anyone using NCVhdl?
The Cadence tool which i'am using is showing some errors when written testbench & compiled? but if it is written in verilog it does not show any error. Can anyone using NCVhdl can guide me.

Added after 1 minutes:

Hi,

Anyone using NCVhdl?
The Cadence tool which i'am using is showing some errors when written testbench & compiled for VHDL? but if it is written in verilog it does not show any error. Can anyone using NCVhdl can guide me.

cadence no locks available

carrot said:
Hi,

Anyone using NCVhdl?
The Cadence tool which i'am using is showing some errors when written testbench & compiled? but if it is written in verilog it does not show any error. Can anyone using NCVhdl can guide me.

I've used it in the past. Unless you show the exact error message and some piece of code, it is next to impossible to help. There are several differences bet'n Verilog & VHDL and hence I can't help without seeing your code/error.

So - post the error/code for help
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

ncvhdl

Hi Aji,

This is the Error i'am getting as soon as i open the Tool. I'am able to open the tool. But the below error exits.

Error: Failed to get a shared lock on library 'ambit' (No locks available)
Error: Failed to get a shared lock on library 'cds_assertions' (No locks available)
Error: Failed to get a shared lock on library 'ieee' (No locks available)

ncvhdl no locks available

carrot said:
Hi Aji,

This is the Error i'am getting as soon as i open the Tool. I'am able to open the tool. But the below error exits.

Error: Failed to get a shared lock on library 'ambit' (No locks available)
Error: Failed to get a shared lock on library 'cds_assertions' (No locks available)
Error: Failed to get a shared lock on library 'ieee' (No locks available)

Usually this means that the contents of that library is stale/invalid. I've seen this happenning if my NC run crashed previously. In your case you seem to have problems with pre-compiled libraries - are you sure you are using same versions of NC? i.e. is the version used to compile "ieee" same as the one you are trying to use right now?

Other options are:

1. try and compile ieee, ambit etc. yourself to local libraries.
2. Contact support @ CDN.

Good Luck
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back