Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help,IIR Wavelet Filter Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarkararghya

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to perform on-line multiresolution analysis of real-time signal using wavelet transform. Is it possible to use IIR filter bank? If yes, give some usefull links.

Friend, yes, it is possible to implement wavelet filter bank using IIR filter, you can search from IEEE Xplore to get a few papers. From my working experience and understanding, the IIR implementation of wavelet filter bank does not shown very significant advantages compared to FIR implementation, except different implementation. If you are looking of any specific filter properties of IIR structure for wavelets, for me I will say no (personal recommandation). FIR has been extensively use for wavelet filter bank and it also being proven to be very applicable and efficient structure. I hope this will give you some ideas. Bye.

Added after 2 minutes:

Additionally, FIR structure also easy to be implemented in FPGA or programming (software implementation).

Friend, are you still looking for IIR wavelet filter bank? I hope you can find someting about it. Anyway, please consider of FIR. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back