Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying drop in ssignal

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallgreencar

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wonder of anyone can explain to me (as an almost novice) why the pcb I am working on is experiencing a loss of signal. I am converting a board of RF 153.050 to 153.350 MHz and have changed one of the crystals appropriately. However, the signal is now experiencing a drop out, an occasional surge. Aside from that, it's not tuning to the frequency particularly well either using the oscillators. As far as I was concerned, changing to the correct crystal should have been enough to modify the frequency slightly.

I am completing a task way out of my depth so what I have written may not have made sense! I'm just wondering what components you would check to solve the problem. I'm certain it will just need a slight change of component elsewhere as the person who designed and made this will have made it perfectly. They are no longer around, so I can't ask them.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back