Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Identify SMD SOT23-6 chip marked clearly 002K

Status
Not open for further replies.

billm

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a SMD SOT23-6 chip marked 002K. This IC is in a relatively simple circuit powered by a 3Volt watch battery. It somehow senses motion then drives 5 Led's when motion is detected then holds the Led's on until no motion detected for a few minutes then shuts them off. I do not have any great way of taking a close up picture of it as I would need a microscope camera setup. Pin 2 = - battery, pin 5 =+3Volts . Led's are grounded and the output pin 3 drives the anodes via 220 ohm series resistors to each one. Pin 4 has a series 3.6K ohm resistor to a large SMD device that looks like a cap but may be the motion sensor device. The other lead of that device goes directly to pin 6 which also has a 4.7 meg ohm resistor to +3 volts. From pin 1 there is a 1K ohm resistor to a very long trace which appears it may be being used as an antenna as there is 3.2 M ohm impedance from the non pin 1 side of the 1K ohm resistor to gnd ( pin 2 ). The other end of this long trace is not terminated. Any help anyone can provide would be great. The 002K markings are laser branded beginning right above the pin 1 designation dot pretty much centered on the chip package. No other markings.How can I detrmine what this chip is I have spent HOURS looking for a circuit like this on line to no avail.
Thanks in advance Billm

My guess would be a microcontroller of some kind, the function isn't something that would seem to demand a custom design, most likely the timing is derived in software. For example, and I'm not saying it is this part although the pins do match, the PIC10F202.

Brian.

How about showing a photo?
AS I stated in my original posting - I would need a microscope camera setup to provide a photo. Since I do not now have access to that equipment since I am now retired from the electronics industry, I cannot provide a photo. What is the big deal about providing photos what can you tell from photos that is different from my desctiption ? I think that the previous post before yours may have solved this problem but I am not sure yet. I need to do further analysis on the circuit layout and the unknowns it still posses before I can be sure. Thanks to Brian for the help so far. He may have me on the right track - not sure yet.
Billm

I think a recent smart phone camera would give at least an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back