Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help] How to learn Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

currentmirror2000

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm going to design a circuit (analog/mixed signal) in Cadence soon and I'd like to get some manuals/tutorials/workshops to start with.

Can any of you provide such information to help me, please?

Thank you very much!

c.m.

Tutorial for Cadence – Analog Simulation, Layout, DRC, LVS & Layout Simulation

**broken link removed**

If possibel first complete the 'comptut' provided in the cadence documentation...next go through the 'calc' document examples....nexr 'anawavfm' ...these give a good start..later 'anasimhelp' document provides a detailed analysis procedure....Documentation is more than enough...but need some patience..I assure you master through the documentation provided..nothing more required....download NCSU CDK ( Casdence Design Kit)library from the NCSU site for some model libraries

learn from the manual, but it seems to cost you alot of time.
In fact, just run a small excise and learn more later will be better.

hi,

Do you have cadence tools ?

If your answer is yes. Then there is no problem buddy. You will always have a online documentation available. use this documentation (CDSLib) to the full and you dont require any other help.

I recommend you get some advice or short introduction from your collegues.
I do not think the online documentation is most convienent and fast way to getting used to cadence.

zhancangF117 said:
I recommend you get some advice or short introduction from your collegues.
I do not think the online documentation is most convienent and fast way to getting used to cadence.

yes, i agree...

i used mentor graphics before and i know what those documents for: they are very useful, but only when you know how to use at least 80% of the tools; otherwise when you raise a question, they are always directing you to a new place where you need to know more than what you actually want.

a 2-300 pages manual is much easier to understand and useful at learning stage

Yeah, my problem is that, I can not open the online documentation.

Hic, any one help me?

test_out said:
Yeah, my problem is that, I can not open the online documentation.

Hic, any one help me?

All documentations online are also available in Cadence installation path:
$CADENCE_INST_PATH/docs/

Read them from there...

Best Wishes,
Ahmad,

hi,test_out!
Which version do you use for design? This situation will happen when your operation system is too new.you can find some error infomation in the cadence's window.Sometimes the library needed for compiling the "openbook"program have already been updated,but Cadence can't recognize the new one.You should make a soft link between the two library.then it works.

start vit a small design and try to xplore..

ASk ur admin were the tutorial documents are stored and follow the links given by them. ALso cadence have their own set of examples pre-built. u can use that. U can open the design and explore. U will learn only if u explore it .........

Status
Not open for further replies.