Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[help] How to get track impedance with PowerPCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

manitooo

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I can see in the detail windows taht impedance could be display but don't know which information should I check or give to PowerPCB to get this information...

THX, manitooo

Impedance depends on the dielectric material, dielectric thickness of prepreg, track width, copper thickness,

details can be given in the layer stack-up table to define the impedance values

Hi,
amjad tell right. For example with Hyp*er*lynx it's possible
to calculate the impedance of layers stackup ant other.

In Power*PCB if you have advanced rules and high speed options.
Yuo can select: Set*up - Des*ign Rul*es - Ne*ts - then select a net
and select Hi*Speed Rules, now you can set a range of impedance.
But remeber before you can set the correct layers thickness.

When you start Verify Design the system check if the range of a track
is ok.

Hope this help, Skywalker.

does anybody have some examples value for a home made single side and double side board ?

In powerPWB, it is also possible to get this information, but I have seen it when creating a mixed/plane layer...., when I return to the non mixed/plane layer, I lost this information...

are they linked to an available mixed/plane layer in the design ?

manitooo,
i don't understand your question.

What value in a single or double side board ?

Skywalker.

I mean value of the thinckness of the dielectric, the copper and some mechanical data of a PCB...

In the menu :
setup\layer definition\thickness, you can put the different layer thickness constants...

I was wondering about the good value to put into the box when you make home made PCB either in single side copper (top or bottom) or double side copper (top and bottom)

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back