Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help :: How to find the minimum value

Status
Not open for further replies.

other-side-of-d-moon

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guy's

I have three matrix's as bellow

nb.JPG

I need your help please to get any method to find the minimum value (only one point ) with respect of all matrix's

Please Note: in these matrix's the lowest value for all matrix is x2y2.

moon,

Do a comparision of all 12 elements of each matrix to find the value of the lowest element.

Ratch

Thanks Ratch about your explanation, However what i need is NOT to get the minimum value within all matrix's. this is my idea and what i want.

the tree matrix's related to the rainfall rate for my city in 3 years, each year has a matrix, and each value in the matrix represent different street. i want to find the street who has a minimum rainfall rate in the three years.

I don't see what the difficulty is. In fact you already gave the answer:

Correct but i need such mathematical forum or using any equation or by any software because i want use it to find the answer for 100 matrix

I think in spreadsheets there's a "min" function you can use to find the lowest value. After finding the lowest value, you have to compare all cells in the matrix to that, to find which one(s) are lowest.

If you want to do it in program code, you'll probably have to use some sort of loop structure to compare the values.

i found the min of A, B, and C (year1, year2, and year3 matrices) separately.

minA = min(A:)));
minB = min(B:)));
minC = min(C:)));

Then i compared which is smallest.

minOverall = min([minA minB minC]);

Then i Don't Know what i have to do ?? please hellllllp

there is one way i can think of try to get the determinant of the matrices and then take the one which has the lowest and the highest as your op

- - - Updated - - -

they must not be singular in that case

I have showed how to find min. value in Matlab. The same manner can be found index of min value.
Explanation of the picture.
1 step. Create matrixes m1,m2 and m3
2 step. Combine them
3 step. Find row with min value
4 step. Find in this row min value

- - - Updated - - -

Full list how to find value and its position.
Part_1_min.PNG
Part2_min.PNG

I have showed how to find min. value in Matlab. The same manner can be found index of min value.
Explanation of the picture.
1 step. Create matrixes m1,m2 and m3
2 step. Combine them
3 step. Find row with min value
4 step. Find in this row min value

- - - Updated - - -

Full list how to find value and its position.
View attachment 79304
View attachment 79305

thanks a lot guys for your help. However i think that you did't understand my question well because i already wrote the code to find the minimum values, i would like to give you such an idea about my question.
the tree matrix's related to the rainfall rate for my city in 3 years, each year has a matrix, and each value in the matrix represent different street. i want to find the street who has a minimum rainfall rate in the three years.

Hi moon

Here's a spreadsheet for 5 streets and 3 years. Data for more years can be pasted below in columns A to F. The formulas in columns H to P can just be copied all the way down. Hopefully you can figure out how to add in more streets.

One slight problem - it might not work in Microsoft office. I made it with OpenOffice.org and saved it in MS Office97 .XLS format. They're supposed to be compatible but I remember when I changed over I found some functions worked a bit differently.

Here's a screenshot of what it's supposed to look like:

Cheers - Godfrey

View attachment rainfall.zip

- - - Updated - - -

OK, a bit of explanation:
  1. Column H contains the minimum for the year.
  2. Columns L to P contain the street names from columns B to F for those streets with the minimum rainfall.
  3. Column K joins together all the names from columns L to P.
  4. Column J just cuts off the extra comma at the end of the value in column K.

P.S. The streets are named after online comic characters from here, here, here, here and here.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back