Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: How to analyze and customize the attached subcircuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithchart

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I encountered a circuit which used the 3-port attenuator(seems from Panasonic) and don't know how to analyze it and customize this kind of application for my own use.

It is part of the signal path in-between a laser driver and the transmitter. The input side shown in the figure is the signal from the laser driver and the outputside is the laser. As can be seen, the IC is AC coupled to the Tx using C1. Usually, for such kind of AC coupled output, one AC coupling capacitor is enough for the signal path in between the IC and Tx, however, for this subcircuit it has the T network incorporated in between the coupling capacitors. Really have no idea how to analyze it. What's the actual function of it and What would happen if I do not use it?

Can anyone recommend some materials talking about such kind of design techniques so that I can learn to design my own network catering to differnt signal rates such as 2.5Gbps/4Gbps/10Gbps?

I posted the same topic in PCB design and Layout forum for help also, if have interest to track, please look at:

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.