Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HELP]How can I start learning astro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyankh

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
apr astro apollo doc

Hi all

I am a fullly custom layout engineer for 2 years,my company want me to be a P&R engineer and I am starting to learning astro now.The problem is I only have a little experience in Apollo,Any ways can make me be proficient in it ASAP? :(

Thanks in advance

flyankh

How about taking a real design as an example, do a full APR with the synopsys manual or SOLD? THat should at least gives you an overview of the whole process or procedures involved.

flyankh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hehe , you can learn it from its help doc.
And, i think if you are familiar with the design flow . You will have less problem in learning P&R tools, such as SE ,Astro, Apollo and other tools.

flyankh

You can search their (synopsys) or solveit net for astro tutorial data .
You do not need passwd to get that ..

B/R

flyankh

Synopsy provides one lab to practice astro. But there are some mistakes in the lab. If you can run the lab thoroughly, you can master Astro well.

flyankh

Learning Astro, Apollo or any Place and Route tools is learning the flow of the design, the step to convert a logical nelist to physical layout.
You need to access the tool and practice a simple design. reading the book alone is not enough

flyankh

the tutorial with the software is the best teacher, i think!
regards
sevid

Hi
Oh,mygod
It's my topic two years before.....
But I think the best teacher is the projects..

Thanks all again
flyankh

Hi flyankh,

I agree with you.Doing a real time project is the best way to learn

any clue where I could get this lab package? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back