Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help.. High speed PCB issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatemius

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All, I just want some help for this problem if u can pls!

I want to do high speed pcb design for a processor connected into two external memory. and maybe i need to use clock for sync.
I want to know this
1- pcb stackup
2- terminations stratagy ( clock - address bus- reset)
3- trace design. (assume I have the input and output impedance of the processor and the memories).

Could any one give advise or reference or ebook.

HIGH SPEED PCB DESIGN

by Lee W. Ritchey & James C. Blankenhorn

ISBN: 1-882812 04-2

(Sorry I do not have a pdf to send you.)

hi

u can follow "high speed digital design - A Book of black magic" by Howard Johnson
chapters
- ground planes and layer stacking
- Terminations

this is an excellent book on high speed design and signal integrity...

some of its chapters will exactly match ur requirements

Hi yOu can also follow,,,
EMC and the Printed CIrcuit Board.. Design, Theory and Layout made Simple
by
Mark I. Montrose...
You wont find exact answers to your questions.. but you will get the basics of all the things required,,,, as in terminations, board stackup, Si...

vishandasani said:
Hi yOu can also follow,,,
EMC and the Printed CIrcuit Board.. Design, Theory and Layout made Simple
by
Mark I. Montrose...
You wont find exact answers to your questions.. but you will get the basics of all the things required,,,, as in terminations, board stackup, Si...

read review of this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0...ef=sr_1_1/002-3777965-6356023?ie=UTF8&s=books

"This book is well oganized and easy to use, but the information is often incorrect. We have found it to cause more problems than solve. Paul Clayton's book come much more highly recommended."

Emc & the Printed Circuit Board: Design, Theory, & Layout Made Simple
h**p://

Added after 1 minutes:

Signal Integrity - Simplified
h**p://

download a demo version of any signal integrity software and try which topology is better for u.

Hi,

Just go to Google search and download the articles your looking for,it will serve ur purpose for your above queries for now.

Other Best thing will be going thru the Datasheet for the memory IC,Micro controller and other relevant component associated with ur circuit,they would have given the placement & routing topology there.it is always better to follow the guidelines given there rather than reading books at this point of time.

Hope you understood.

Regards

Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back