Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help , HFSS 9.0 and above drawing non rectangle 3 D objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubdawg

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been having a hard time to draw anything 3D that is not a standard shape. Like for example drawing a three D triangle. Ican make a 3D line but not sure on how to change that to a 3D object. I have read help files but no avail on that end. I tried using the planes to cut out either negative or positive side but it has not been that graet.

Side note, this is my first time using HFSS and have had to model a certain internal antenna for mobile phone applicaiton.

Re: Help , HFSS 9.0 and above drawing non rectangle 3 D obje

rubdawg said:
I have been having a hard time to draw anything 3D that is not a standard shape. Like for example drawing a three D triangle. Ican make a 3D line but not sure on how to change that to a 3D object. I have read help files but no avail on that end. I tried using the planes to cut out either negative or positive side but it has not been that graet.

Side note, this is my first time using HFSS and have had to model a certain internal antenna for mobile phone applicaiton.

What do you mean by 3D triangle. Is it a tetrahedral?
Try 3D modeler>faces>cover faces

rubdawg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

See attached jpeg. IT is a 2-D triangle with height=0 that I made by drawing a polyline, and then followed your instructions on to "cover face, but I want to make a 3-D model for example a height of 2

it should help...

rubdawg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back