Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: Generate multiple reference voltages from bandgap ref

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemaphy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have just finished the core design of my ADC. I am now designing a circuit that generate multiple reference voltages from a bandgap reference circuit. Is there any good way to achieve that? For my circuit, I have a 3.5V power supply. The reference voltages that I need to generate is 2.2V, 1.6V 1.7V, 0.8V and 2.5V. The technology that I am using is a 0.18um SiGe BiCMOS process. Could anyone give me suggestion and topology of circuit that I can use? Thank you very much!

Regards,
chemaphy

Re: Help: Generate multiple reference voltages from bandgap

Hi,
I think you can use the reference voltage generate a reference current, then use the current to make other voltages.

I have tried the method that you have suggested, but that would affect the reference voltage of the bandgap reference. Is there any good way to generate a set of reference voltages greater than 1.205V? Thanks

chemaphy said:
I have tried the method that you have suggested, but that would affect the reference voltage of the bandgap reference. Is there any good way to generate a set of reference voltages greater than 1.205V? Thanks
Non-inverting amplifiers with gain (1+R2/R1) =2.5/1.205, 2.2V/1.205, 1.6V/1.205 , 1.7V/1.205. For 0.8V you need inverting amplifier... with gain 0.8/1.205.
Of course if you need only one reference at a time you can use only one amplifier, and with apropriate switches connect resistances that defines gain.

chemaphy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
zhengrufu,一种4ppm/℃曲率补偿的CMOS带隙基准源 微电子学
maybe this paper wil help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back