Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for relay set reset circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakchikane

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Why "getting wrong"? You'll end up in rather large capacitor values for a 16 ohm coil and 100 ms pulse duration, e.g. 10-15 mF (10000 µF). And there's no room for large driver voltage drops.

For the 5 ohm relay, a MOSFET H-bridge with monoflops seems more suitable.

Why "getting wrong"? You'll end up in rather large capacitor values for a 16 ohm coil and 100 ms pulse duration, e.g. 10-15 mF (10000 µF). And there's no room for large driver voltage drops.

For the 5 ohm relay, a MOSFET H-bridge with monoflops seems more suitable.

fvm
the 10000uf cap will take more space also cost...

i dont have 5 ohm relay....

3.5 to 5 V through a 16 ohm coil, suggests you must apply a pulse of current on the order of a quarter of an ampere. That is why the capacitor will need to be a large value.

Your relay is a latching relay. Have you considered using a plain relay, or semiconductor switches, or solid-state relays, etc.?

There are ordinary 5V relays which need less current to activate the coil.

i dont have 5 ohm relay....
Sorry, meaned 5V.

There are ordinary 5V relays which need less current to activate the coil.
5V/16 ohm coil is rather normal for a 90 A power relay. But the really smart thing with latching relays is that the can be hold in on-state with no power consumption. That's why people spend the extra effort for a driver circuit.

I agree that the large capacitor needed for the simple driver circuit isn't very smart though, so you will reather choose the electronical variant with H-bridge.

Last edited:
Sorry, meaned 5V.

5V/16 ohm coil is rather normal for a 90 A power relay. But the really smart thing with latching relays is that the can be hold in on-state with no power consumption. That's why people spend the extra effort for a driver circuit.

I agree that the large capacitor needed for the simple driver circuit isn't very smart though, so you will reather choose the electronical variant with H-bridge.

FVM: Really true... driver circuit is mucher crictical...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back